Our Event Sponsors
City of Palo Alto
Jackson Muhirwe, PhD
City & County of San Francisco
City of San Jose
Jonathan Reichental, Ph.D
City of Palo Alto
Arizona Cyber Threat Response Alliance
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
As our digital environment expands, the issues of cybersecurity loom larger every year. People are becoming even more connected to each other and the environment around them – the dawn of Smart Cities is upon us and the challenge of protecting information is increasingly difficult. Therefore, to address our shared cybersecurity concerns, it is important for us as a professional community to improve our awareness, increase our knowledge, improve our communication, and develop our relationships to meet head on the realities of the world we now share.
This year’s Cybersecurity event will focus on the unique challenges that face Local Governments, while advancing cybersecurity awareness and delivering the educational curriculum for which the Cybersecurity Symposium is known. Attendees will return to their organizations better equipped to take action and be more effective in the following areas:
- Securing Smart Cities: Cybersecurity approach for cities of today and tomorrow.
- Cybersecurity Governance: Policies and processes to manage and monitor regulatory, legal, risk, environmental, and operational requirements.
- Awareness and Training: Providing personnel and partners cybersecurity awareness education to excel in the performance of their cybersecurity related duties.
- Information Protection: Manage information and records (data) consistent with the risk strategy to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
- Recovery Planning: Execute recovery processes and procedures to ensure timely restoration of systems or assets affected by cybersecurity events.
- Cloud Security and Privacy: Information protection and privacy management in the cloud.
- Risk Management: Establish priorities, constraints, risk tolerances, and assumptions to support operational risk decisions.
- ICS/SCADA: Protecting critical infrastructure operations that are essential to our citizens.
* Join us for the CSS2017 Welcome Reception on Sept. 20th, at 5pm. San Jose Marriott, Pool Deck!
Hotel Room Block Information:
San Jose Marriott 301 South Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
$289.00 USD per night
Govt Per Diem rate is $206 per night. IF YOU ARE A PUBLIC SECTOR EMPLOYEE - You will need to book/HOLD the room with the rate
shown, and PSP will pay the difference of $83 per night, directly to the hotel. They will adjust the rate for your room when it is actually
billed to you.
If you are a Vendor Partner that would like more information, please contact Russ Hicks @ 916-204-1123 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!